Director of Business Development
QualDerm Partners, LLC – Brentwood, TN
QualDerm Partners, LLC (“QDP”) provides professional management services to medical practices of physicians and other medical providers specializing in the care of patients with skin diseases and disorders.
Reporting to the Vice Presidents of Business Development, this position will be primarily responsible for strategically and tactically developing opportunities with dermatology practices in markets that lead to affiliation with QDP and possibly new practice/center development. As such, this individual must be a credible representative of QDP, defined as knowledgeable of the market and industry trends, client pressures and affiliation strategies.
The successful candidate will have prior success developing and implementing development strategies for multi-site distributed healthcare entities as well as physician practices, including lead identification and tracking, relationship development and management, proposal and presentation development and deal closing. S/he will also play a key role during the final negotiation and deal closing. This individual will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the capability to readily understand, translate and execute on practice affiliations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Segment the market, participate in molding the QDP model, help develop our message, build new relationships, expand existing relationships, track and report development activities, progress updates and results and successfully transition pipeline activities to new partnerships.
- Work independently, be a self-starter with minimal direction, but understand the importance of clear and effective communication with the executive team, physician partners and prospects and all others with whom the position interacts.
- Work collaboratively with the executive team, physician partners to develop and implement market specific business plan, messaging and related long and short term goals and tactics.
- Track, manage and accurately communicate new development processes, help develop forecasts and budgets and deliver successes in constructive and accretive new relationships. Lead internal conversations to understand why QDP may have been unsuccessful in completing specific deals and analyze how to leverage that experience going forward.
- Project manage individual opportunities and address all aspects of developing offer, drafting LOI, managing relationships, managing data requests together with the phases of the development process. Communicates with the Business Development Committee and key constituents to ensure that the process and expectations are managed efficiently.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, JD or others) or designation (CPA or CFA) are a plus.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a healthcare service sales or business development role with proven success in a management/development company, clinical outpatient service provider or JV/partnership-oriented healthcare services business.
- Successful record of working within a single-specialty, multi-site business will be considered a plus.
- Experience communicating clear and actionable messaging throughout local markets.
- Successful record identifying and developing appropriate physician group targets that match the Company’s strategy.
- Experience building relationships and networking through current physician partners, existing relationships, dermatology specific conferences and broad-based new relationship development.
- Experience in evaluating prospective partnership opportunities to discern level of potential and be able to gather and analyze physicians’ information, including local market data and competition.
- Knowledge of basic acquisition diligence procedures and tax concepts to be able to appropriately frame issues and work to resolution, and manage expectations from both buy and sell side.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills and abilities to develop and complete financial modeling and pro forma contribution of affiliations to earnings of QDP and impact on physician compensation.
- Solid communication skills to keep entire team up to speed and ensure that key milestones and needs are anticipated and clearly communicated.
Existing experience or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of outpatient dermatology services and related cosmetic services provided by QDP.
- Willingness to travel (overnight) from 40-75% of the time
- Location is flexible, however, must reside in major metro areas in the Southeast and Midwest such as Atlanta, Indianapolis, Raleigh, St. Louis, and Tampa.
- Highly motivated individual with integrity, intensity and intelligence.
Ability to build and maintain trust and respect with existing and potential physician affiliates and within the QDP team.
- High-energy and enthusiasm towards developing a successful dermatology services industry
- Ability to establish credibility with targets, build relationships and trust to serve as foundation for longer term opportunity.
- Thoughtful, professional presentation and briefing skills with the ability to succinctly articulate ideas and concepts and to engage in meaningful dialogue. Spoken and written communication must be excellent.
- Must be highly professional in appearance, tone and delivery and an effective communicator.
- Dedicated to follow-through and results.
- Flexibility as it relates to schedule, responsibilities and priorities.
- Must be an exceptional listener, with the proven ability to problem-solve to issues discussed.
- Interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills are important.
- The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and analytical and intuitive skills.
- Have high levels of critical thinking skills, negotiation skills, and the ability to interact with a broad spectrum of individuals
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Benefits and Compensation:
QDP offers a generous compensation package including a competitive base salary, performance incentives, paid time off, eight paid holidays, and medical/dental/vision benefits.
The work of this position is performed in an environmentally controlled office environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public on a regular basis. The work environment is subject to varying and unpredictable situations and many interruptions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare Service Sales or Business Development: 5 years