Director of Human Resources
QualDerm Partners, LLC – Brentwood, TN
QualDerm Partners, LLC (“QDP”) provides professional management services to medical practices of physicians and other medical providers specializing in the care of patients with skin diseases and disorders.
As a member of the Corporate Management Team, directs/manages the Human Resources (HR) department and the provision of human resources services. Develops and maintains programs and best practices for recruitment, retention, benefit administration, compensation, employee relations, HR information systems and staff development. Coordinates the work of the professional employment outsource organization (Insperity) and coordinates HR implications across operational locations, partnering with both Insperity, corporate and operational personnel to support a high level of teamwork and service.
This position is management focused with the objective of supporting the management team in the effective and efficient delivery of practice support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and process all daily HR related items.
- Works with payroll to process all employment status changes
- Develops and maintains HRIS
- Recruit and select employees for both the corporate and field positions in conjunction with leadership team by department.
- Ensure all recruitment positions have an up-to-date job description and are posted accordingly.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Develop new policies and procedures when needed.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in Company policies and procedures and insure proper compliance
- Assists executive management in the annual review process and development
- Coordinates, report on and trends Annual Employee Engagement Surveys and Exits Interviews
- Calculate and communicate turnover trends to executive management
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Administer benefit plans.
- Assist COO and CFO with coordination of projects as requested.
- Coordinates employee documentation and files with Insperity and payroll teams.
- Provide advice and coaching to managers and employees regarding HR issues.
- Visit the operational sites and development partnerships as required to gain operational knowledge and understanding.
- Provide professional and efficient service to all employees.
- Consult legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development
- Helps maintain, develop, and drive culture and behavior that is consistent with the company’s mission and values
- Supports operations, development and accounting/finance teams with acquisition implications including the following:
- Assessment of job titles, responsibilities and mapping to existing job descriptions or determine if new positions are necessary;
- Review compensation of target organization personnel, determine if parity issues exist relative to existing employee base and prepare compensation crosswalk analysis with respect to base compensation, incentive computation, benefits and any other compensation matters. Recommend compensation and benefits structures to address acquisition challenges.
- Prepare offer letters for target employee bases and support related transition of personnel.
- Acquisition work, due diligence and post-acquisition integration
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from a 4 year university program or related field required.
- HR Certification (SHRM) preferred Minimum of 3-5 years progressive HR management and experience
- Prior experience working with multi-site and multi-state companies required
- Knowledge of healthcare industry accounting is a plus.
- Experience working with a PEO is a plus.
- Experience with Acquisitions and due diligence is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional ethics, maintaining confidentiality and supporting team trust
- Demonstrates good judgment, puts the success of the organization ahead of personal goals, motivations and objectives
- Must be able to multi-task in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Must be able to establish credibility and confidence with operational/field teams
- Must be highly professional in appearance, tone and delivery and an effective communicator.
- Ability to support and effectively collaborate with other departments to achieve results.
- Ability to plan ahead, and to prioritize and coordinate activities, services, schedules or programs.
- Dedicated to follow-thru and results.
- Must be an exceptional listener, with the proven ability to problem-solve issues discussed.
- The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and analytical and intuitive skills.
- Must have good eyesight and ability to focus on a computer screen for 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to tolerate sitting and working at a desk for 8 hours per day.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.). Frequent standing/walking. Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment. Manual dexterity and mobility. Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Occasional night or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required associated with acquisitions.
The work of this position is performed in an environmentally controlled office environment. The position requires the ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population, including staff, physicians, clients, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public on a regular basis. The work environment is subject to varying and unpredictable situations and many interruptions. Occasionally subjected to irregular hours and pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.